Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've missed you all.....

Wow - I can't believe it's been so long since I've been on Blogger.  I used to come here to share all my joy, sorrow, and excitement as my DH and I journeyed through infertility and adopted the embryos that gave us our sweet little girl.  I've found so much encouragement in my "EA bloggy friends" - a bunch of women going through the same process.  Now you all have beautiful children (Jen, Diane, Rebecca, Heather, Jenn, Jess, etc.) and yet you still blog!! How do you do it???
   I got out of the habit when I got so sick that I couldn't bear to look at a computer screen.  (I think I spent 4 months sitting in front of the toilet - that whole phase of my life is a blur.)  But then I started to feel better and consumed myself 'catching up' on the reponsibilities I'd neglected for so long.  And I forgot to blog.  And I stopped reading your blogs.  But I still think of you often. 


So, here's an update:
    Our first little baby was born on Sept 23rd, 2011.  She was two weeks early; my water broke while I was teaching my 7th grade class.  (Can you say awkward?)   We named her Leah Rae and she's perfect in every way - she's our joy!!! 
    We had Leah dedicated in December - it was a very special experience with our family and church family.  We're so excited and terrified at the responsibility we have to bring this little girl up to love and serve the Lord.  We know God has a special plan for her.
  In January, I returned to work full time as a middle school teacher.  It's been super hard!  First of all, I hate leaving my baby girl every day, though I know she's in good hands.  (We're blessed in that M's parents watch her most days.)  But also, she still get up to eat every 2-3 hours at night, so I'm in a permanent state of exhaustion.  I get a little overwhelmed b/c I feel like I just can't keep up with life.  But then my sweet baby smiles at me and I'm overjoyed at how blessed I am.  Sometimes it feels like a dream; I still don't quite believe that she's ours and we get to keep her.
  
    I wish that I had kept up with my blog.  I just spent the last few hours reading what I'd written a year ago when we were beginning this journey.  I love having a record of it.  I think I shall try to get back into blogging again, especially as we start to think about beginning to look for an opportunity to fo this again.  (That's a lot of uncertainty, I know, but as you all know - the process of finding embryos takes a while.  And I'm not getting any younger. lol)
   I've also enjoyed reading back over all my 'friends' blogs - most of you were pregnant or trying when I started to 'follow' you - and so I've loved 'catching up' on how God has blessed you.  I'm so thankful for all your encouragement!
 So, I'll try to do a quick photo summary of our last 4 months:
(I'll be sure to post a pic of Leah Rae in her Giants jersey on Sunday too........)

4 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about you...so glad that you posted an update! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! Keep us posted again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful.

    As for how I find the time? I usually give up sleep. But Matthew is a year old and doesn't wake up every 2-3 hours. When he was waking that often and I was that tired, I didn't blog much, either! It doesn't sound like you can afford to give up sleep right now! Blogging will still be here when you aren't so overwhelmed. In the mean time, hang in there, and know that we're thinking of you! This sleep deprivation will pass, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is absolutely adorable!

    I have thought about you since you last posted and am so glad to see such a wonderful update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you updated! Your daughter is beautiful!! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete