Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No shot tomorrow!

For the first time in 10 weeks, my husband will not be giving me a shot of progesterone tomorrow.  In fact, we only have a few shots left.  I'm still on the vaginal gel, but they told me to cut the shots to every other day for the rest of this week and then stop.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  While I'm thrilled to NOT have to do the shots, it's kind of scary.  I feel like that progesterone is what's keeping me pregnant.  What if the placenta isn't making it's own yet?  What if something bad happens?  Seriously, I sound like such a faith-less worrier.  I need to stop.
    We saw the baby again today - I'll try to post pics soon.  It was so cool - wiggling and kicking it's little leg buds and waving it's arm buds.  It's been so neat to see the baby develop from a dark sac into an actual baby-like creature.  I'm sad that after next week, we'll be released to m OB and not have the weekly ultrasounds at the fertility clinic.  I've gotten used to seeing my baby every week; I don't want to wait until 20 weeks to see it him/her again!
    On another note:  I still feel awful.  I've been such a bad blogger, mostly b/c looking at the computer screen makes me nauseous.  I manage at school, but when I get home, the last thing I want to do is look at the computer.  I'm grateful that I haven't vomited much - but I have that gonna-puke-any-second feeling much of the time.  I have to eat ever 90 minutes (but not eat much) to keep the nausea at bay.  I'm scared to find out how much weight I've gained already.  I so wanted to be active and healthy during my pregnancy.  Instead, I sit on my butt and eat a constant stream of crackers and other less-than-ideal foods to calm my stomach.  But, the nausea reminds me that the baby is growing and so I try to find reassurance in it instead of being cranky and whiny.  I try.  Most of the time, though - I'm just cranky and whiny.  I was hoping to relish every minute of pregnancy - but now I'm just counting down the weeks until the first trimester is over.
   Thanks everyone, for your comments and support.  I love reading your blogs, even though I don't comment often.  This EA bloggy world is super encouraging!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could check out Care Net for ultrasounds? My dad is always saying how they need people to come in so the person doing the ultrasounds can get more used to using it and stuff, plus it's free. So maybe you can still see your baby frequently! ;) Sorry to hear you still are feeling yucky! Hang in there!
    Love ya,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete