Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm going to have a baby. Duh!

Funny story:  M and I went the mall the other day to go to Borders to look at some pregnancy books.  (I wanted to get pregnancy books way back when we started TTCing, and he suggested that I wait until I was actually pregnant.  So this trip has been a long time coming.)  But it's important to note that the purpose of the trip was to buy books because I'm pregnant.  (hehe - I love saying that.)
   So, we walked into the mall, and right near the entrance were two women chatting.  One was holding a very new baby and the other was gushing about how adorable the baby was.  (It was cute.)  Anyway, automatically, my first inclination was to be wistful and think "someday, maybe we'll get or have a baby."  It took me a minute to remember that "someday" is in 9 months, give or take.  I'm pregnant.  We ARE going to have a baby.  I'm still not quite sure I believe it.  When did I become such a doubter???

2 comments:

  1. Pretty soon, all you'll have to do is look down and there will be no doubt in your mind! So any book recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way! You're not a doubter, it's just all so new. For so long you say "if/when" then now you get to say "In October!" It hasn't sunk in for me either.

    ReplyDelete