Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Transfer Date!!

       We have a date!  At our appointment yesterday, the nurse said everything looked good and scheduled my Embryo transfer for this coming Wednesday (1/19)!  I am so excited and nervous at the same time! My uterine lining was 7.5 or 8.4 (why are the measurements so different?) - I think that's on the lower end of the 'good' range, but the nurse was confident that it's fine.  I wonder if it will continue to thicken as I'm on the Estrace for a while still.  My bloodwork looked good this time, so we're all set!  Wednesday is the big day!  I'm so excited to have it on the calendar, but I'm still nervous and anxious about the procedure.  I tried to convince M that I need a 'fertility massage' at the spa next door to the clinic, but there's no way to make that work logistically.  Oh well, it was worth a try!
      
     I started the progesterone today, too.  I'm using both Crinone (vaginal gel) and Progesterone-in-oil (PIO - injections.)  M gave me my first shot today.  He feels like doing this for me is one way he can be involved in getting me pregnant.  He was really nervous about it, but was trying not to let it show.  (He made all kinds of jokes about looking forward to 'shooting me in the butt,' but really - he was afraid of hurting me.)  I got the syringe all ready and handed it to him; he stared for a minute before asking "how far does this go in?"  (The needle is long and it goes all the way in - lol.)  He was a trouper though - he did a great job!  I think it was much more difficult for him than for me - needles are no big deal for me.  He'll be more relaxed now, I think, after seeing that the injection doesn't really inflict pain on me.  Well, the needle doesn't - my muscle is sore now, but I'll get used to it.  I swim a few mornings a week - perhaps if I increase to everyday, using those butt muscles to swim will help disperse the oil and minimize the ache.  We'll see.  (It means I leave the house at 5:30am - I don't know if committed enough to do that everyday.)
 
    So, keep us in your prayers - especially Wednesday morning!

3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo, so exciting!!! Don't worry the transfer itself is such an easy procedure. Glad to hear things are going well with the injections, you'll get used to them being such a part of your daily routine!

    ReplyDelete