Sunday, November 7, 2010

Why Blog?

            So, I’ve decided to start a blog to chronicle our journey in becoming the family that God has designed.  I’ve found much encouragement and camaraderie in reading the blogs of other families who are traveling down this same road of infertility and adoption options.  Hopefully, I can be an encouragement to others in similar situations.  Also, blogging will prevent me from driving my husband crazy with every thought I wrestle with along the way.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me and wants so much to listen to my thoughts and be supportive – but as a male, he has an “off” button for his thoughts, and I don’t.  Perhaps by blogging, I can ramble all of my thoughts to the blogger world and then share with him after I’ve processed it all.
            I’m not sure if I’m going to share the link to my “in real life” friends and family.  On one hand, it would be good for them to know what I’m thinking and going through (and I wouldn’t have to explain all the time.)  On the other hand, I don’t know if I would be so candid if I knew people I see regularly would read my thoughts.  I can be a very self-centered, whiney, wimpy person; things I try not to show people in real life.  Hmm…  I’ll have to think about that for a while!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the EA bloggy world! We're a pretty good bunch, if I do say so myself ;)

    LOL, you sound like me. I have those kind of round and around conversations with myself all the time!

    I'm excited to follow you on your journey!

    desertsnowflakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete